Having lice in the head is common, especially among children. It does not make any difference, as to how hygienically you keep your children and how much you care for them, because once the children come in contact with other children, there is always a possibility of getting lice.
Symptoms Of Head Lice
Lice mostly live behind ears and on the back side of the neck. Therefore, itching near the neck is the most common symptom of head lice. Lice and nit are generally very small in size and are white, brown, dark brown or gray in color.
If they are not treated to, in time, then because of the increase in number of nits, they start appearing like fine dandruff.
Since the symptoms of lice infestation are not visible in small children, even when they have head lice for many days, it is necessary that you keep observing their head regularly. The medical advice is that in order to look for lice, the hair should be combed immediately after a bath, when hair is comparatively wet.
Home Remedies For Getting Rid Of Lice
1. Massage the scalp with warm melted ½ cup of Coconut Oil or Neem Oil. Both of these have antibiotic qualities. Apply the nit remover comb for removing the nit from oiled hair. They will come out easily.
2. In order to loosen the nit, use ordinary vinegar or apple cider vinegar. Mix ½ cup of water with ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and put it on the root of the hair. Comb the hair with a fine-toothed comb for removing nit. Now it will be easy to get rid of them.
3. Lice shy away from the smell of fresh Rosemary. Therefore, make a paste of fresh rosemary leaves and apply on the head. Let it stay for almost an hour and then wash. Later on, comb the hair, using a fine toothed comb so that remaining lice also fall away.
4. Either boil neem leaves or make a paste of neem leaves, apply it on the hair and scalp and allow it to stay for half an hour. Thereafter, wash the hair well and comb the hair with fine-toothed comb.
5. Tea Tree Oil has been found to be very effective in getting rid of lice and nit. Therefore, whenever you have a doubt regarding the presence of lice in your head, add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in your regular shampoo for washing your hair. You can mix Tea Tree Oil with Coconut Oil or Olive Oil also, for applying to the head.
For lice prevention wash your hair regularly. In order to keep children free from lice, you must educate them about the items which should not be shared like hat, head-band, hair accessories, comb etc.
एक टिप्पणी भेजें